Redmile CE Primary School works with Leicestershire School Food Support to provide good value, nutritionally based school meals.
Our school meals are freshly prepared daily at Bottesford CE Primary School and brought to Redmile by courier in special insulated containers. Our staff are fully trained in handling and serving food safely and at the correct temperatures.
As a healthy school we actively encourage good quality nutrition and children have a variety of choices of vegetables, salad and fruit each day.
- Dinners cost £2.25 per day (£11.25 a week) for Key Stage 2 children.
- Parents may also apply for free school meals for their child – please contact the school office for further details.
- Dinners are free for all children in Reception and Key Stage 1 as of September 2014. These are known as Universal Free School Meals. We will order a meal for your child every day, unless you inform us otherwise.
Dinner money needs to be paid every Monday, although some parents choose to pay in advance for each half term. Payments should be placed in an envelope clearly marked with the child's name and class, and sent into the school office.
We also encourage healthy choices for children bringing packed lunches from home. Packed lunches need to include:
- Something substantial (such as a sandwich, a wrap or some pasta).
- Some vegetables or fresh fruit.
- A yogurt or healthy dessert.
- A drink (water or fruit juice).
- As a Healthy school, we advise against sending sweets.
We currently have no children with a nut allergy, however when we do, we operate a nut-free school. Please advise the class teacher if your child has any specific dietary need and we will work together to support them.
Please contact the school for more advice or information if required. School dinners are served daily in the school hall where children eat together to enjoy both school meals and packed lunches.
Our school offers a multiple-choice menu which rotates every three weeks. Here are our current menus:
- Dinner Menu - from November 2016 (pdf)
Food Allergies or Intolerances: If you would like more information on your food or drink choice, please speak to a member of staff before ordering.
Lunchtimes are a chance to catch-up with our friends.
We enjoy being independent.
We get to choose our meal.
We collect our own meal and our cutlery.
Healthy lunchboxes are encouraged.
Sometimes our fruit is nearly as big as us!