Here are some other useful web sites that we hope you might find useful and interesting.
During School Closure (Covid-19 Response)
- Kids Activities: List of Free Subscriptions - the entire list of Education Companies offering free subscriptions due to school closings. Each of these websites will allow you to sign-up for FREE and help your child along with their education.
Some Websites we Recommend
- Viking Challenge - The official site of our primary fund raising activity - the 50k or 30k off-road cycle ride around Belvoir Castle in Leicestershire.
- Redmile Village - A web site for our village, by our village. With diary dates and details of local organisations.
- Belvoir High School - The web site of the local secondary school.
- Belvoir and Melton Insight - The extended services web for the borough of Melton Mowbray.
- Melton Sport and Health Alliance - School and College Travel: Finding a way to travel safely to school.
- The Standards Site - Lots of useful information from the Department for Children, Schools and Families.
- Leicestershire County Council - The web site of our county council.
- Leicestershire Healthy Schools - A local partnership between education and health, which aims to help schools in Leicestershire achieve National Healthy School Status.
- Leicestershire School Food Support Service - Read about school meals, plus ideas and advice to make lunch time an enjoyable, healthy part of the day.
- Diocese of Leicester - Representing the Church of England in Leicestershire.
- BBC Primary Schools - Loads of resources, fun and games for Primary School aged children, from the BBC.
- Compare 4 Kids - Year 6 Science Revision Boot Camp.
- Sing Up - The Music Manifesto's national singing programme hopes to make sure that singing is at the heart of every primary school child's life. With over 200 songs and other resources.
- Kent ICT Games - games linked to support for maths, literacy and early ICT skills.
- Digital Parenting - a magazine from Vodafone giving parents the latest advice on digital issues, such as online reputation, location services, 'how to' tutorials, cyberbullying and illegal content.
- Internet Matters: Instagram - a safety how-to guide for parents.
- Internet Matters: Snapchat - a safety how-to guide for parents.
- Internet Matters: YouTube - tips to keep your children entertained and safe.
- BBC Bitesize: KS1 Maths
- BBC Bitesize: KS2 Maths
- 4 Numeracy - Lots of activities from Channel 4's web site.
- Channel 4 Numeracy - Lots of activities from Channel 4's web site.
- Conker Maths - A collection of tools that are designed to help pupils improve their maths skills at school and at home.
- Maths Games - Free online maths games for all ages.
- Teaching Your Child Maths - Develop your child's maths skills through carrying out simple activities and daily routines.
- Topmarks - Helping teachers and parents save time finding excellent online educational resources.