The internet is great fun and is really useful. We can use it to learn, be creative, chat to friends, send pictures, play games and for so many more fun and exciting things!
We are proud to have achieved the Leicestershire Schools E-Safety Award and continue to educate our children and families in how to use and enjoy the internet properly.
To help your child enjoy the internet safely, click on the links below for some advice. If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact us in school.
The following websites are useful for further guidance and support:
- National Online Safety - regularly post updates to keep parents informed about the latest social media platforms (including online gaming). Keep an eye on Seesaw and our Twitter page, as we share them on there.
- Net Aware - a parents' guide to the social networks your kids use, from the NSPCC.
- ThinkUKnow - advice for parents.
- ThinkUKnow - learning resource for children aged 5 to 7.
- ThinkUKnow - learning resource for children aged 8 to 10.
These documents are all in pdf format, and are here for you to read/download:
- A Parent’s Guide to Instagram
- A Parent’s Guide to Snapchat
- A Parent’s Guide to TikTok
- A Parent’s Guide to WhatsApp
- A Parent’s Guide to YouTube
- Online Safety Advice for Parents
Parents' e-safety tips for children under 5.
Parents' e-safety tips for children from 6 to 10 years.
Parents' e-safety tips for children from 11 to 13 years.