Our school was last inspected by Ofsted in October 2013 when we were delighted to be judged to be an outstanding school in all areas:
- Achievement of pupils: Outstanding
- Quality of Teaching: Outstanding
- Behaviour and safety: Outstanding
- Leadership and management: Outstanding
- Overall effectiveness: Outstanding
Some key findings from the inspection:
- Pupils enjoy school greatly. There is lots of fun and laughter, including when pupils are working hard and learning hard.
- Redmile provides a very supportive, happy and purposeful 'family community' for pupils, parents and staff. Teamwork is strong and relationships are excellent.
- All groups of pupils achieve extremely well because teaching is outstanding. Planning and preparation of lessons is excellent. Lessons are interesting, inspiring and fun.
- Behaviour and safety are outstanding. Pupils develop extremely positive attitudes to life. They develop high levels of confidence and independence, are resilient and very willing to 'have a go'.
- Accurate school data, pupils' work, as well as observations and discussions, show that all groups of pupils make outstanding progress throughout the school.
- National data in 2010 showed that progress was significantly better than the national average. Due to excellent leadership and management, provision and outcomes have improved since then. In 2012, attainment and progress at the end of Year 6 were in the top 20% of all schools for English and mathematics.
- Leaders and managers are extremely effective. They have very high expectations for all the pupils and a relentless drive for improvement. They are excellent role models for all. They successfully focus on teaching, achievement and pupils' overall development.
- Leaders at all levels have made many improvements in the school since the previous inspection, including teaching.
- Governors are outstanding. They are an integral part of school leadership, supporting and challenging others highly effectively, in order to drive improvements.
- The school is extremely innovative and outward looking. Leaders at all levels drive improvements outside the school, as well as within it. They effectively suggest, lead and host many initiatives for other schools, to the benefit of all.
- Leaders and managers already provide excellent facilities and opportunities for sport.
- Pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is excellent. They develop a very strong sense of right and wrong, a great interest in the breadth of life and belief, as well as very positive relationships with a wide range of others.
- The head teacher provides a very caring, highly motivated and extremely well focused and effective role model to all. She knows all the pupils, staff and families extremely well and works very effectively to encourage pupils and support needs as they arise. One pupil expressed the views of most when she said, 'I think the head teacher is the best one ever. She always supports us to do our best, even at weekends and in the holidays.
The full report can be read below:
- Ofsted Report - October 2013 (pdf)
Comments about the Report
Cheryl Lobo, Chair of Governors: "Most parents are probably now aware of our successful inspection by Ofsted. We are rated outstanding across the board. I would like to personally take this opportunity to congratulate Mrs Hopkins and her superb team of staff. As governors we always believed in our school and we feel absolute pride in being given this formal accolade. Our whole team of staff are incredibly dedicated in ensuring our children receive the highest quality of education in their primary years to allow them to go on and succeed in secondary school and later life."
Mary Lawson, Director for the Diocesan Board of Education: "I am absolutely delighted for the school. There's an enormous amount of hard work under Mrs Hopkins' leadership that helps the school be such a special place for learning and I'd like to express my congratulations to everyone within the community, including pupils, parents, staff and governors for all you do."
Lesley Hagger, Interim Director of Leics CYPS: "There are so many wonderful statements in the report that should be shared as good practice with other schools - I hope this will be possible. It's really fantastic to know what a superb start to life your children are experiencing."
Ian Knight, Service Manager of Governor Development Services: "Rarely have I read such a glowing report which encapsulated the way in which everyone within the school community had strived and continues to strive to achieve the very best outcomes for all pupils and indeed for the school community."
You can now share your views on our school via Ofsted's Parent View website. By sharing your views, Ofsted hopes you'll be helping the school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about us.
Redmile Church of England Primary School was inspected by the Diocese of Leicester under Section 48 of the Education Act in January 2014.
We had another outstanding report, the full version of which can be read below:
- SIAMS Report - January 2014 (pdf)